- About Us
|AAHFN 2018 Call for Volunteers|
AAHFN is looking for enthusiastic volunteers looking to become active at the national level. Serving on a committee improves leadership skills, expands your professional experience, provides you with additional networking opportunities with peers and you will have a direct impact on the success and direction of the organization. Committee work will also allow you to utilize your HF care skills and knowledge. AAHFN staff and leadership will provide you with the necessary tools and support to complete the projects/goals listed below.
We encourage you to apply for a position on one of the following committees for the July 1, 2018-June 30, 2020 committee term.
Committees Member Requirements
1. Attend monthly phone conference calls, usually one hour in length. Frequency of calls may increase for certain special projects and for the Annual Meeting Committee as the Annual Meeting time approaches. Conference call times are determined by the committee members.
2. Participate in committee project planning and implementation. This may require from 0-5 hours per month, depending on the project.
3. Read and respond to e-mail communication within 48 hours.
4. Commit to a two-year service term for the committee (July 2018 to June 2020).
5. Attend AAHFN Annual Meeting if possible. This is not mandatory, but AAHFN does offer committee members a discounted registration rate to attend.
1. Advocacy Committee
2. Annual Meeting Committee
3. Area Representatives
4. Editorial Committee
5. Education Committee
***Special Note: The Education Committee is especially interested in finding members with interest and/or expertise in the CE process.
6. Membership Committee
7. Patient Education
8. Publications Committee
***Special Note: The Publications Committee is especially interested in soliciting members with professional writing expertise and in those who stay current with heart failure literature.
9. Research Committee
10. Pilot Testers
AAHFN is now accepting applications for the open committee positions. To be considered for an open position, you must complete the online application no later than midnight EST on February 1, 2018.
To access the online application click here.
Applications will be reviewed by AAHFN Committee Chairs as applicable. All applicants will be informed of the status of their application no later than April 17, 2018. Please note there are a limited number of open positions on each committee.
Please contact the AAHFN National Office if you have any questions at 888-452-2436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.