Home Care for Heart Failure
Expiration Date: February 2019
.75 Contact Hour ANCC
The purpose of this activity is to improve Heart Failure nurses understanding of the e-Health and telehealth industry and seek opportunities to offer these technologies to their patients.
- Understand the use of Home Telehealth and remote monitoring in the treatment of chronic conditions, specifically heart failure.
- Discuss patient perspectives of issues with previous telehealth services
- Describe one of four emerging trends of telehealth
- Be able to discuss the benefits of home telehealth services and care coordination
- Develop a better understanding of the methodology used by the home telehealth nurse in the management of the HF patient
- Be able to utilize screening tool to identify potential obstructive apnea patients
- Be able to educate patients/others on pathophysiology of sleep apnea, symptoms, sleep testing and importance of compliance with CPAP
- Identify other uses of vital sign data gathered using a remote home telehealth program
Julie Gee, MSN, ANP-BC, CHFN
Planning committee members have no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this activity.
Nancy M. Albert, PhD, CCNS, CHFN, CCRN, NE-BC
Nora Brennan, BSN, RN, CHFN
David Chmielewski, MBA
Patricia Melnyk, BSN, RN
Karen Swain, BSN, RN, CMBC
Faculty members have no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this activity.
ANCC Accreditation Statement
This activity is provided by the American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN).
The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Learners are advised that accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
Requirement for successful completion
Read the issue in its entirety and the accreditation information below; the articles that have the education logo next to it are part of the enduring educational activity The Connection Issue 50 Topic: Telehealth in Heart Failure and Beyond. Access the post test, successfully pass it with a minimal score of 70% and submit an evaluation and receive a certificate of completion. Participants who successfully complete this activity in its entirety will be awarded Xcontact hour.